Saturday, March 9, 2013

MY HEAVENLY SLEEPS - CHIANG MAI THAILAND

This does not happen often to me, but I don't want to leave this place. It is my last day at PJ's Place in Chiang Mai. 

It is so nice here that I wish I could extend, like friends of mine had done when it was time for them to leave. 

PJ's is a small guest house, almost like an English Bed & Breakfast to the Northwest of the old city of Chiang Mai. It is within walking distance to the old city and temples and was a recommendation by a local friend and by a friend from the U.K. So I was sure I would be at the right place. 

PJ's is privately owned by Peter and Jiab and who run the place with the help of their awesome staff of two. It is so far the only Hotel where there is not a single thing I disliked. I loved (and am still loving it) all the little details which went into the design of their place. Unlike in those many designer or boutique hotels I have been to, much thought went into the practicality of your stay. There is ample space for storage of your belongings, both the luggage and the cloths. The rooms (there are 4 smaller units and 2 suites) are very spacious. It is a pleasure to spend time in the room, unlike my Singapore Hotels, where you just want to leave as quickly as you can. 

The staff is keeping the rooms really clean, replenishes the bathroom amenities daily and makes sure you have everything you need to enjoy your stay.

There are plenty of electrical outlets to charge your phones, laptop, camera batteries and you don't have to crawl under your bed or move the TV in order to find another socket. The rooms are well lit and so is the bathroom. I can't remember when I last had a room where I could actually see my contact lenses when they were not in my eyes but in the container. I have said this over and over again, but I really feel that many hotels are designed to death and become unpractical for the average traveller. 

I loved the garden and though there is no pool, it is a pleasure to mingle with the other guests. PJ's only serves breakfast and has otherwise no restaurant or bar, but those are really just around the corner. 

It is also the quietest place I have ever slept in, except for my own home. It is neatly tucked into a dead end soi (small street) with no traffic passing by. You only hear the birds and frogs at night time but no motorcycle which is roaring down the street at 3am. 

Last thing I wanted to mention is the friendly, family-like atmosphere that I was met with. From the free pick up at the airport to the last day one feels as part of a family at PJ's. Definitely a place I want to return to in the near future!      










 

No comments:

Post a Comment