Tuesday, August 12, 2014

MY DAY IN THE PARK - LAKE GARDENS, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA

I never thought I would spend an entire day outdoors when in Kuala Lumpur, specially with the steaming heat conditions of Malaysia. But the close proximity of my hotel to the Lake Gardens was just too tempting to check it out. 

Though I could see it through my hotel window, walking to the Lake Gardens proved more than a challenge due to the freeways, on- and off ramps and fly-overs between my hotel and the park. 

What was planned to be just a quick visit turned into a full day at the park. A HOT day!  And I had not even visited all areas of the park by the time I left.

My favourite spots where the Hibiscus Garden and the Orchid Garden, followed by a real lovely visit to the Bird Park. While I was almost alone in the first two sections, the Bird Park seemed to be where most local visitors headed to. Lots and lots of kids and strollers!  But still enough places to get away and enjoy the birds. The feeding shows can get a bit overwhelming though with locals running screaming through the park to make it to the feeding spots in time. 

After a refreshing lunch at the Hornbill Restaurant, where I emptied an entire bottle of ketchup onto my clothes, I still wandered over to the Lake Gardens with it's trees and the lake. 
Note to myself: bring water next time, since there were almost no vendors inside the park at the time of my visit.












No comments:

Post a Comment