Sunday, December 28, 2014

BEING TUNED IN @ TUNE KLIA2 AIRPORT MALAYSIA

Thanks to Air Asia's early departure time for a flight, I had to test the TUNE Hotel at the KLIA2 airport. Well, after booking and paying for the TUNE Hotel, Air Asia actually cancelled their flight completely, so I ended up with a room I did not need! Thanks you losers!

Anyway, I flew out with a full service airline instead at KLIA airport, so I also got to test the transfer between the two airports! 

The TUNE is a no-thrills accommodation, but very clean and for an airport hotel not too expensive. It is "attached" to KLIA2 airport through a covered walkway and is just minutes away from the KLIA Ekspres station, the Gateway Shopping Mall and the airport. It is all easy to walk, even with luggage and I had no problems at all to find my way. Just keep looking for the signs!

The room was small but big enough for one person to spend an afternoon and night in. With my booking rate I had free Wifi access and got a password. Connection was pretty good. The bathroom is also small with minimal amenities, so you better have your own. A/C was also included in my rate, but I heard that you usually have to book all these "extras". There is NO free drinking water, which makes the TUNE the second hotel I have been in, after the Peninsula Excelisor in Singapore, which came without water bottles. However the price was half of what the guys in Singapore charge. 

There is a Seven Eleven and a Restaurant connected to the hotel, which are open 24 hours, though with a mini selection. Alternatively the Gateway Mall offers enough options for shopping and restaurants. 

In my own rating system the TUNE came out like this: 

Location 5 of 5 (as a conscious decision)
Room Size 4 of 5
WiFi free and working 5 of 5 (but included in my rate)
Breakfast included and yummy 0 of 5
Staff competency and friendliness 5 of 5
Safety box in the room and adequate size 4 of 5
Bathroom functionality 4 of 5
Room design and functionality 4 of 5
Sounds 4 of 5

As for the sounds, I could not hear any airplanes but the other guests were rather noisy, which is not the hotels fault. The rooms were too small to hold several people, so some guests let their kids play in the hallway until really late at night and they kept slamming the doors.  

For a 7 am flight I had plenty of time to get with a lot of luggage from the Hotel, through the walkway, up into the KLIA Ekspres train and from KLIA2 to KLIA airport.  Though I did buy my train ticket the night before and checked for the scheduled departure times and knew my way!

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment