Thursday, June 25, 2015

MY MELAKA TRAILS - DAY 2

Don't mess with Melaka!  Not my own creation but the sign at the Melaka Sultanate Palace Cultural Museum, which is a great place to visit when in Melaka.  I particularly enjoyed all the cultural displays in the museum and the gardens. 

After the museum I enjoyed extensive walks along the Melaka River, which is really picturesque and in my case there were absolutely no other tourists around! They were all standing in line at food places on Jalan Hang Jebat (Jonkers). After a few bends of the river, i crossed over to visit the beautiful Kampong Hulu Mosque and worked my way back across the old town to take an in-depth look at all the houses along Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock (Hereen Street). 

When the heat became unbearable I took cover (speak A/C) and enjoyed all the displays in the History & Ethnography Museum inside The Stadthuys.





















No comments:

Post a Comment