Thursday, March 23, 2017

MY HEAVENLY SLEEPS IN YANGON - MYANMAR

Back to Myanmar! My second visit after having seen Yangon back in 2014. This trip was meant to explore the northern part of the country, so Yangon was just a short stop-over on the way north. 

Last trip I used a nice little hotel in Chinatown and while I walked around Yangon I had wished that my hotel had the great views from Kandawgyi Lake to Shwedagon Pagoda. The Esperado Lakeview Hotel was the right choice for me. In the east of the lake and the pagoda it is a perfect location to enjoy the sunset and also get great light for morning photography of the pagoda. However, I also made sure that I did book (and pay) for a lakeview room!!


I was a bit nervous if that room booking worked out though, but everything went well and upon entering my room, I was indeed breathless by the views! It was perfect and even while in bed I could enjoy the night time view of Shwedagon Pagoda. 

The room itself was great. Big room. Huge and comfortable bed. Nice balcony which was actually clean, despite the pigeons and birds outside. The housekeeping personnel actually cleaned the seats and the floor of the balcony every day!! 

The rooftop bar and restaurant was also great, with good food and even greater views! Since the hotel's location at the east of Kandawgyi Lake is not too perfect for a walk at night, I also ate inside the roof top restaurant every night. Plenty of vegetarian options! 

In my own rating the Esperado Lakeview Hotel would look like this: 
Location 5 of 5 (as a conscious decision) 
Room Size 5 of 5
WiFi free and working 5 of 5
Breakfast included and yummy 5 of 5
Staff competency and friendliness 5 of 5
Safety box in the room and adequate size 5 of 5
Bathroom functionality 5 of 5
Room design and functionality 5 of 5
Sounds 3 of 5

The WiFi connection was actually the best I have ever had in all of my Asian travels! Big compliment to the Hotel for this!!  If I had to find one point of criticism, it would be the sounds from the traffic on the street below. The traffic flows all day and almost all night. Honking the horn is part of Myanmar's driving and the windows are not sound proof. 

The Hotel is within walking distance to the Pagoda and of course the Lake. I also even walked through the city from here to Sule Pagoda, but it was quite a stretch and not a pretty walk. Crossing the street is almost impossible for a European who visits Asia for the first time. The Hotel staff was very helpful in getting taxis and for a few dollars one can easily go everywhere in Yangon. 

Loved the hotel and would most definitely go back there again! 

Sunset view

Night time view









Balcony of the room



Roof top Bar and Restaurant

Restaurant


 

No comments:

Post a Comment