Monday, November 27, 2017

2017 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX

My fourth time to experience the Singapore Grand Prix live!  It is always the best! A night race in one of the greatest cities on earth! There is always so much to do and see, on-track and off-track, that it is hard to decide what to do first!

The downside this year was the weather. It rained! And it rained a lot! If you are not seated under cover, you will be soaking wet and despite the warm weather, the wind blowing in still feels cold after a while.  

I always love to be so close to the F1 drivers and in Singapore you really have a huge chance to see them face to face. With a Premier Walk About ticket there are so many viewing places to chose from that I really just enjoyed the Friday and Saturday Practises from a wide variety of viewing platforms. My favourite one being in turn 3 but it is getting really full these days. 

The Singapore flyer is actually free for ticket holders and offers the best view over the city, so I took several rides this time at day and night. And of course the amount of concerts and entertainment is just breathtaking. I took my chances to listen in to Ariana Grande, who was surprisingly good! I never expected to like her music. The Chainsmokers on the other hand was not my thing and obviously they did not meet the taste of a lot of other people. I watched hundreds of fans leave the Padang after a few songs. Calvin Harris' show after the race on Sunday was great again, except that I don't like his way to to bridge over to the next song. 

I watched the F1 Qualifying session from the area around the Esplanade and the Padang (because I wanted to watch the data on the big screens) . To watch the race itself on Sunday, I chose a seat on the platforms around the Singapore Flyer. Simply because I have always missed the awesome fireworks after the race and I wanted to see it this year. So, unfortunately no standing upfront at the Podium for me this time, but I taped over 4 minutes of the fireworks instead!

The race itself started late due to the rain and we were all wet to the bone and sitting covered with our rain ponchos when the race started and we all know what happened even before the first turn. To me and about a dozen fans from the Netherlands, the race was over before it really began!

rain rain rain



 


















Ferrari Challenge Asia Pacific





Ariana Grande Concert

Ariana Grande Concert






Calvin Harris Concert

Calvin Harris Concert
 

No comments:

Post a Comment